Tc18 losing power

/ Tc18 losing power #1  

Mowedover

Tractor
New holland tc18
I have a Tc18 that will start and run perfectly for 15-30 minutes and then will start losing rpm's and power and will barely pull it's own weight. I can let it set for 20-30 minutes and it will start and run fine again. So far I have drained and cleaned fuel tank, new, fuel, new rubber fuel lines, new fuel filter, new air filters, took apart the exhaust system and blew out/cleaned also.

/ Tc18 losing power #2  
Check your fuel cap, maybe it is creating a vacuum and not letting the fuel out of the tank. Run with the cap loose for awhile and see what happens or run it until it dies and then loosen the cap and see if it'll restart immediately. I would try the first method though.

I know you said new air filters, but is the hose going into the air filter assembly free of any obstructions? What about when you close the hood? When I first bought my TC-24D the operator's manual was stuck up in the hood and was actually pinching the air intake off and causing the tractor to stall.

/ Tc18 losing power
Thanks for the tips. With the cap off and I kept the hood open just to make sure the air intake hose wasn't getting warm and collapsing it's still losing power. I did notice that when it starts acting up it's white smoking a little. I also tried bleeding the fuel system when it started with no improvement as well.

/ Tc18 losing power #7  
I am having the same exact problem. I found that cleaning out the fuel filter, replacing fuel filter, bleeding fuel and injectors still did not fix the problem. Yesterday I drained fuel tank, cleaned fuel tank from above with a wire bottle brush, noticed something rattling around inside the tank (I think this is a internal filter - couldn't remove it with pinchers) - in any case, what did you do to get yours back up and running? Richard rcadille@rochester.rr.com

/ Tc18 losing power #9  
I am having the same issue. Changed the fuel filter last night but still loosing power after about 15 minutes of run time. I noticed that when I remove the gas cap it will help bring power back for a few minutes. I guess my next step would to drain and clean fuel tank.

/ Tc18 losing power #10  
IF loosening the cap brings it back to life, then you have a vacuum situation..
The pump is TRYING to suck the fuel from the tank & cant..
Start looking for collapsed rubber fuel lines.. sucking down..
You might not be able to see them externally..
You could wait till the problem shows its ugly head & inspect the lines & try to SEE if they're collapsing..
BUT.. it might be "internal"..??
IF 3 people are having the SAME PROBLEM.. I'd say it was poorly purchased fuel lines.. OR tank caps, clogged vents..
Let us know how you guys make out.. Thanks.