metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #42  
anyone got the i&t manual?

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #43  
this needs a bump.

Inquiring minds want to know.

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil
I,ll work at this when I have time and send some photos as I work on it.
now to figure out which way to turn the crankshaft pulley bolt.:confused::confused2:

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #45  
I,ll work at this when I have time and send some photos as I work on it.
now to figure out which way to turn the crankshaft pulley bolt.:confused::confused2:

The crankshaft pully bolt turns counterclockwise to loosen and clockwise to tighten. I know this for a fact because I removed mine a couple of days ago. Assuming you have removed the front end assembly to gain access, you will then need a three jaw puller to remove the crankshaft pulley before the timing cover can be removed.

ofwvhw.jpg

well I'll give that a try . Picture is worth a million ,I,ll post mine tommorrow if the kids dont have the computer.

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #47  
if it's a hard to remove pulley.. get a bearing splitter plate to put behind it and a bottle jack with a backer plate.

took that to remov ethe cast puller onmy farmall C.. someone jb welded it on, AND it was an interference fit.

i ended up breaking my pulley flange, then splitting hte hub to get the dern thing off.. :)

best of luck!

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #48  
Picture is worth a million

Here are some pictures of what you can expect to find after you get the timing cover off. Note that the timing cover is made of soft metal which can be easily damaged, if the gasket is stuck, you must be careful when removing it. Once you get the timing cover off, be sure to inspect all gears for damage, especially the oil pump gear, which is made of aluminum.

20qayc6.jpg

k9f38l.jpg

33li2y0.jpg

28jiteu.jpg

Great pictures , WHAT WAS LEFT OF MY GOVERNOR CUP ASSEMBLY MAKES ME WONDER NOW ,WHAT I WILL FIND ?WHEN I GET TO WHERE YOU ARE . THANKS AGAIN . I will show my results .

I think I will try that tommorrow night , gardens planted almost.