metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #1  

custanra

Tractor
1963 massey 35 SPECIAL photo cat driven 57or 55 GREEN ENGINE HARRY FERGUSON Z134
not sure what part of the motor this one came from but it doesnt look good .an upper rattle noise sounds like a valve . the piece of metal is 1/2 inch long 1/4 wide . looks like a guide lifter part or something .

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #2  
The more information you give the better people, that know, will be able to help you, year, tractor model, engine model, also if you are able take a picture of the piece you recovered, and post that.
There are some smart people on this site and they may know an easy way to fix you problem. It will not get better on its own or if you run it longer.
Just a thought!

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #3  
engine? machine?

pictures?

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #4  
Yeah I had that happen one time, that's a dohickey and it is held on the whatchamajigger with a lefthand thread thingamabob. Its a special order item though.:D Welcome to TBN

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #5  
Valve keeper - or 1/2 of one?

All we can do is guess, but I sure wouldn't run the enginr until a mechanic looks it over.

--->Paul

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #6  
Valve keeper - or 1/2 of one?

All we can do is guess, but I sure wouldn't run the enginr until a mechanic looks it over.

--->Paul

Agreed, because if it is half a keeper the valve could easily end up on top a piston causing major damage.

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #7  
If you can't post a picture then take that piece to your dealer and ask them what it is. Without seeing it I doubt anyone here is going to be of much help to you.

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #8  
or look in a parts book.. etc.

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #9  
Yeah I had that happen one time, that's a dohickey and it is held on the whatchamajigger with a lefthand thread thingamabob. Its a special order item though.:D Welcome to TBN
I crack me up. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
I love my humor. Even if nobody else does. :D

/ metal piece came out of oil pan when changing oil #10  
I crack me up. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
I love my humor. Even if nobody else does. :D

I know what you mean, and have to be careful not to unleash my sense of humor onto TBN because doing so would probably end very badly. In our politically erect society, many people are so sensitive, yet they somehow manage to be incredibly insensitive at the same time. But that would make them hypocrites wouldn't it? :confused2: