Buying used tractor: part 2

/ Buying used tractor: part 2 #1  

tractorgreenie

Tractor
Belarus 250AS, Massey Ferguson 20C
So, my apologies to those who have read my other question, but here goes...

I'm looking at a used Iseki TS1610.
The hydraulics look OK--no obvious seepage. Bucket seems to stay up w/o sagging with time.

However, putting the loader down flat and using the curl to put the bucket in the "empty" position just pushes the arms of the loader up.

Having read other posts, this seems at first glance to be an issue with the seals on the arms. But again, there's no seepage around the seals.

So, I was checking fluid levels and consistency and the hydraulic fluid looks good--clear, no gunk, no odd smell or color--but you don't reach the top of the fluid in the rear end until about 5-6 inches into the fill hole.

I think in these tractors, the hydraulic fluid is all in the back end, so the pump draws it out of the transaxle and takes it to the front to run the loader. And, if that's the case, the pump line has to get the oil at some location--meaning it has an "intake" and "return" of sorts.

Is it possible that the hydraulics are weak because it just needs more hydro oil? Not saying that it wouldn't leak out from bad seals somewhere, but it makes sense that if the pump is pumping air, then it won't be able to produce much force.

Thoughts on my theory? Also, how much more oil to add, i.e., how full to fill the transaxle?