2005 dodge G-caravan shutdown issue

/ 2005 dodge G-caravan shutdown issue #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Helping a buddy here with his g-caravan,, as said, t's an 05. It's been in the shop A MONTH and not fixed yet!!!

symptoms.. vehicle will be driving fine... and then just shut down.. will start right back up no problem.

if you disconnect the battery, and wait a while and reconnect, it will not exhibit symptoms for 4-5 days.

also.. during driving, sometimes the dash lights flicker, gauge needels will lazilly zero and reset.. sometimes the radio will go on / off, and the blower motor will go on and off.

also not sure if related, but 1 power window and the sliding passanger door are acting up.

suposedly shop repalced the TCM and the crank position sensor, which did nothing .. problems still exists....... now has been told they want to replace the BCM.

any ideas. I'm trying to helpthe guy out.. so far he's been out a truck a mo=nth.. has accrewed several hundred in bills.. had to get he car this week to use it.. still does same thing.. :)

any opinions?

/ 2005 dodge G-caravan shutdown issue #2  
Guy that works with me had a suv that would quit running and sometimes start up, sometimes not. It turned out to be a short in the fuel pump. Took the dealer about 2 years to figure that one out because it allways worked when it was at there place.

Assuming the computer hasnt started to flake out. (Ever heard of tin wiskers?) I would look at the ignition switch or a connector that has worked loose. You seem to have alot of electrical problems, maybe corrosion, have you checked the wiring harness connectors for this?

Well thats my 2 cents worth,

/ 2005 dodge G-caravan shutdown issue
we've traced out plenty of the wire harness, and have found no breaks in the wireing itself. have yet to actually check all connections.

I have TOLD the guy to check that ignition switch.. as that was a big issue in my head. also plan on checking the wiring under the battery.. I understand they can corrode out there..