New Holland 1510 pto shaft

/ New Holland 1510 pto shaft #1  

Etherton Stables

Tractor
New Holland 1510
I have a Nh 1510 that is about 2 months old.My dealer may have supplied the wrong length pto drive shaft with a supplied NH 918L flail mower.When the mower was lifted full up on the 3 point a loud bang occured which was the pto shaft on the tractor moving about 1/2 inch forward in to the transmission case when I pulled the rear plate around the shaft I found the forward bearing slipped on the shaft.I was wondering if anybody on the site may know what holds the shaft assembly from being able to move forward and back ie. snap ring,circlip.I can pull the shaft out of the housing around an inch but I suspect the top cover needs to come of to disconnect the shift dog.My dealer will do it under warranty but if I can do it quick at the farm I would rather not have the down time .

/ New Holland 1510 pto shaft #2  
If it was me and the dealer was willing to take responsibility for the mishap I would have them fix it. There is so much that could be damaged inside. What if you do a quick fix and their is a loose piece of metal floating inside that in a few hours of operation finds itself getting pulled into some gears and chews things up. The dealer then can say that you voided the warranty by not doing the original repair properly and you can be responsible for future repairs $$$$$$.

/ New Holland 1510 pto shaft
Thanks Sam good point the dealer is completely willing to fix the pto .I better go the sure route and let them have the machine for a while.

/ New Holland 1510 pto shaft
You were right Sam ended up needing a new transmission case and associated parts covered under warranty