Tractor
    International 300 Utility

Default International 300 Will Crank over good but won't start.

I have just got done painting my international 300 utility tractor and replaced the engine gaskets with a complete engine gasket set. Reassembled everything and went to start it and it will not fire. I have installed a new battery, new coil, new points, new cap on distributor, all new wiring, new solenoid, rebuilt starter, new plug wires, installed a carburetor tune-up kit, adjusted float to proper setting, installed new alternator, new key switch, I have double checked all the wiring to be sure it was correct according to a number of forums that I have got information off of. I have checked the timing over and over again to be sure that it was set correctly and all checks are good. Point Gap is set to .020 and spark plug gap is set to .023 via specification in Shop manual that I purchased. I have good clean blue spark to the spark plugs, getting fuel to the carburetor. cleaned and sealed inside of gas tank and replaced fuel bowl gasket and screen and also installed an inline fuel filter. Is there something I am missing that would keep my machine from actually firing. I am in dire need of this machine and need some help please. Is there anyone that could assist me with some advice about what I need to do next.
    Thank You

Tractor
    New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Ferguson TO-30

Default Re: International 300 Will Crank over good but won't start.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Santander View Post
    I have just got done painting my international 300 utility tractor and replaced the engine gaskets with a complete engine gasket set. Reassembled everything and went to start it and it will not fire. I have installed a new battery, new coil, new points, new cap on distributor, all new wiring, new solenoid, rebuilt starter, new plug wires, installed a carburetor tune-up kit, adjusted float to proper setting, installed new alternator, new key switch, I have double checked all the wiring to be sure it was correct according to a number of forums that I have got information off of. I have checked the timing over and over again to be sure that it was set correctly and all checks are good. Point Gap is set to .020 and spark plug gap is set to .023 via specification in Shop manual that I purchased. I have good clean blue spark to the spark plugs, getting fuel to the carburetor. cleaned and sealed inside of gas tank and replaced fuel bowl gasket and screen and also installed an inline fuel filter. Is there something I am missing that would keep my machine from actually firing. I am in dire need of this machine and need some help please. Is there anyone that could assist me with some advice about what I need to do next.
    Thank You
    The spark should be FAT AND BLUISH-WHITE, the color of lightniing.

Did you check the timing with #1 cylinder on the compression stroke and do you have the correct firing order? Remeber this is a 4 stroke so the timing marks come around twice per cycle so it can also be timed on the exhaust stroke.

Tractor
    International 300 Utility

Yes I have made sure over and over that I was on the right stroke of the number one cylinder. As for the firing order I am using 1-3-4-2 and all the wires are correct on the distributor. Thank you for the quick reply as well.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans

Have you checked the plugs, to see if they are wet, after trying to start..?? Sounds like gas not getting from carb, to cylinders, if everything is in proper order. Try starting at full choke, then check one of the plugs pretty quick...

Could be stuck float, screen plugged going into carb for starters...

I have been known to put a few drops of gas directly into a couple cylinders, via a straw, eye dropper, or just upend the plug, and fill with gas, and quickly insert. But hate to see you do the last one, with the new paint job... A whiff of starting fluid could be used too, but I really hate to use that stuff.