New Holland TZ18DA won't start...

/ New Holland TZ18DA won't start... #1  

gooffer69

Tractor
TZ18DA, TC45DA
266hours

safety switch on the seat works, safety switch on PTO tested.

fuel pump is heard and filled up bowl after changing fuel filter.

cranks over but not start. stalled after running for 30 seconds when I pulled it out of the barn.

I changed fuelfilters, fuel to filter no problem. I cracked the fuelline at cylinder 1 but when I crank it over nothing comes out.

fuel cog is in the open position...

glow lights come on for 5 second then go off.

no smoke coming out of exhaust... without fuel seems logical.

now the injection pump is there anything to open bleed check ? thanks.

/ New Holland TZ18DA won't start...
actually fuel at injector pump I just open the 10mm that had the banjo bolt on it but of course I snapped it putting it back in.... time to order one and hope I can get the bit out that's in there....

/ New Holland TZ18DA won't start... #3  
Seems like you did all the correct trouble shooting, however fuel needs to bleed out from each injector, so if no fuel from number 1= bad or plugged injector.Does fuel come out of the other injectors?
DevilDog

So I broke the bleed screw I order a spare today I will have it Monday. The #1 had not a drop coming out but also the #2 was cracked and had nothing coming out as I was cranking it over. Plenty of diesel coming out of bleed screw before I tightened it and broke it. Can the injection pump completely clog ? seems weird then the red and black wire that plugs into the pump toward the rear of the tractor has me puzzled have to figure out what it does might be the problem... I don't trust electrics. So I got fuel into the injection but nothing coming out the other end.... thoughts....

/ New Holland TZ18DA won't start... #5  
G'day is your tractor shut down by the key or lever/cable? If by the key then you may want to be seeing power down at those red/black wires at the inj pump you mentioned. Check for a blown fuse

Jon

Actually it started in the barn as I drove it out and went over a little lip it just shut off. were would that fuze be ? I don't see a fuse box anywhere my guess is on the other side bolted to the radiator support will have to check it out over the weekend.

So today I get my parts....

I did check the 3 fuses. 15,20,25 Amps all look good I guess I should test them with volt meter ....

now once I figure out if there is power on the red and black wire at the injection pump then I guess the next step would be inside the pump to figure out if something is happening in there...

will post later on today.