Toro Parts/Service manuals available online for free... What a novel concept

/ Toro Parts/Service manuals available online for free... What a novel concept #1  

aczlan

Good Morning
Tractor
Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660. Formerly: Case 480F LL, David Brown 880UE
Picked up a Toro Workman 2100 tonight, I went to the toro website and now have on my harddrive PDF copies of the following documents: Owners manual, Parts book, Service bulletins and the Service manual.
All for free, all available online, no hassles. The service manual was easily findable by searching for "Toro Workman 2100 service manual" (was in their "Commercial Education" website). The other manuals and bulletins were available by going to "Customer care" entering my model/serial numbers and choosing what I wanted to download.
Talk about a happy customer... Kubota, Deere, et al are you listening?

Will be talking to a very helpful service guy at Grassland Equipment tomorrow to find out more about this beast and what parts are available (appears to be from 2001).
To use a phrase popular on Steel Soldiers (referencing millitary surplus equipment) "the hour meter has ~380 hours on it"

Aaron Z

/ Toro Parts/Service manuals available online for free... What a novel concept #2  
Last year, when I bought a new Toro ZTR, I did the same thing, Aaron, and downloaded all that information just to have it for the future. Things like that do boost your opinion of a company, don't they?

/ Toro Parts/Service manuals available online for free... What a novel concept
Things like that do boost your opinion of a company, don't they?

That they do. Thinking it over, I suspect that the reason for it is that Toro is largely in the Turf business (ie: Golf, Sports fields, etc) and most of those places have on-site mechanics to handle their fleet of equipment. Those folks would rather not pay for 50 service manuals on top of the $12-30k each for their machines, so Toro gives them the service manuals. Why tractor manufacturers don't follow suit is beyond me.

Aaron Z