GT235

/ GT235 #1  

dwcincy

Tractor
GT235
I have a 2000 GT235 with a 54in deck. Recently, there has been a 2 in. strip of grass on the right side left uncut. My mower service provider:confused: has re-sharpened the blades but no difference. They told me that the 17 in. blades might be too small for this machine. Do any of you know which blades would stop this from happening?

/ GT235 #2  
Welcome to TBN !
Sounds like your service provider isn't the dealer.
JD dealer or search can answer that blade size question quick.
Did you take blades in for sharpening or did you bring in whole GT ?
Is deck completely clean underneath,leveled,deck wheels all at same height ?
Could blade(s) on that side not be torqued to specs ?
Also is there a set pattern blades need to be put back on for rotatation balance and cutting performance ?
Just trying to help.

Boone

/ GT235
My service provider is not the dealer. BUT..are in contact and there has been conversation about the issue. JD Dealer and I have spoken (along with provider) and we have implemented all of your above questions except the torqued to specs one.

/ GT235 #4  
If you don't mind when you figure it out let us(we) know what it was.
I have an 04 GT235 been dang near bullet proof ! :thumbsup:
Wishing Ya well !

Boone

/ GT235
I finally went to the dealer and asked for advice. "Check your tires" he said. Left front tire had lost air---duh!

/ GT235 #6  
I have had my 235 since 2000. It has been exceptional. I replaced the metal bar that connects the tires for steering $30. I think my original battery is starting to go not bad for 13 years of mowing and snowblowing. I have the front mount Berco 44" which has been an excellent match