injection pump problem case 580 c

/ injection pump problem case 580 c #11  
Found the problem. The Flex washer had disintegrated and partially filled the pump with what looked like coffee grounds. as soon as I dismantled the pump I saw the problem. In the process of rebuilding the pump..

/ injection pump problem case 580 c #12  
Found the problem. The Flex washer had disintegrated and partially filled the pump with what looked like coffee grounds. as soon as I dismantled the pump I saw the problem. In the process of rebuilding the pump..

I would take a look at the governor weight retainer rings as these have a habit of disintegrating and coming apart. The plastic material isn't up to the task and is usually replaced with a metal retaining ring that doesn't disintegrate. I think you have more happening in your pump than you realize. I think you should try and get a manual for the rebuilding of your pump.

Parts are readily available from US Diesel out of Fort Worth , Texas. I bought parts for the injection pump on my 1969 JD450 from them and was able to rebuild my pump. Parts prices were very reasonable cost wise - certainly for me in Canada where we are used to getting "ripped off".
HTH