Ford 2N runs at 100%

/ Ford 2N runs at 100% #1  

GMULLINS

Tractor
Ford 2N 1945
Gents: I just rebuilt my Ford 2n, Starts great but runs at 100% no matter what position the trotle is in. I just rebulit the governor...Help???

/ Ford 2N runs at 100% #2  
Not that it is, but gasoline will make a diesel "run away". Also check the throttle linkages.

/ Ford 2N runs at 100% #3  
disconnect the rod from the gov to the carb.. set the throttle rod ( throttle handle to governor) to what should be idle.

does the arm on the governor still want to yank the carb butterfly open for alotta power? ( feel tug testing with hand.. if you pull on it, does it fight you? )

ps.. we have an antique ford section

soundguy

/ Ford 2N runs at 100%
I did disconnect the throttle rod to governor and it reduced the RPM's to idle.. The throttle to governor rod has tension that opens the throttle. Is their an adjustment for this length?

/ Ford 2N runs at 100%
I did disconnect the throttle rod to governor and it reduced the RPM's to idle.. The throttle to governor rod has tension that opens the throttle. Is their an adjustment for this length? The rod from the governor does want to pull the throttle open!!:confused:

/ Ford 2N runs at 100% #6  
disconnect the rod from the throttle to the gov if it is under tension.. ie.. make sur ehte gov is not seeing a demand for throttle from the hand throttle.

if that does not make the gov quit snatching the carb butterfly open.. then I'd look at that gov...

/ Ford 2N runs at 100%
THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP....I FIGURED IT OUT// RUNS LIKE BRAND NEW....:thumbsup:

/ Ford 2N runs at 100% #9  
interested minds wan to know!

/ Ford 2N runs at 100%
Oneof the arms had significant ware on the stop surface4. It would not push the throttle rod to the stop position on the carb. ie Idle... So I built the surface up with weld and work the surface untill the push was correct to close the throttle.... Crude but effective.....:)