BX1800 hyd hose

/ BX1800 hyd hose #1  

thefarm

Bronze Member
Tractor
1954 NAA Ford,2120 42hp 4WD Ford,BX1800 4WD Kubota
Just had to replace a hyd hose on the wife's BX.What a job! It went from under the steering wheel to beside the left rear tire.By the time I got it off it didn't even look like a tractor.Under the steering wheel was the worse.I had to grind the sides down on a 11/16 open end wrench to get to the fittings.Took me at least 6 hours to get it all done.I went to a small hyd place to get a hose made.They had the next size up for a fitting.No way that would work,I could barely make the 11/16 one fit.Off to the dealer,not in stock.Off to a bigger hyd place.All set there.All this was going on with the wife sitting on the BX seat waiting for me to get this done so she could get back to her mowing.LOL Check the bolts that hold the gear box on to the mower deck.I had lost one and another was loose.The other two were fine.

/ BX1800 hyd hose
Cheap hose.Had a small pin hole in it under the floor boards.Used mostly to mow with.I have a rear snow thrower on the back.Never have the hyds been really used hard.Now on the Ford 2120 I would expect problems with that.I have blew a hose on that one,but only that once in 10 years.Just a bad manfactured hose as much as I can see it.

/ BX1800 hyd hose #4  
Same problem with my BX2200. Replaced all 4 hydraulic hoses on the tractor over the past year due to pinhole leaks. By the time I got to the 4th one a few weeks ago, I got pretty good at it....only took me an hour or so to replace a hose from the steering unit to the left front steering cylinder. Maybe our tractors were assembled at about the same time from the same batch of bad hoses? Mine is an early 2001 model.
RET

/ BX1800 hyd hose
That don't sound good.That's when ours were made too.Have to wait and see what happens next.

/ BX1800 hyd hose #6  
Looks like you will be replacing ALL of the hoses over the next 6-8 months...just like I did. I'm thinking there were quite a few BX's with this problem. When the 3rd hose failed, Carver & Co. was good enough to send me both the 3rd AND 4th hose. But, the 4th hose took nearly 6 weeks to get to me due to a big time back-log at the factory. Thankfully, that 4th hose didn't fail 'til several months later.
Otherwise, by BX now has 570 hrs completely trouble free. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
RET