Mower Belt BX2230

/ Mower Belt BX2230 #1  

Johnpysk

Tractor
Kubota BX2230
How do I tell when the mower belt on my 54" deck for my Kubota BX2230 needs to be replaced?

I am getting lines of tall grass ("streaking") when I mow.

/ Mower Belt BX2230 #2  
I'd check your blades first as it would be rare to have to change that belt unless you have over 1,000 hours of mowing! The only other thing it might be would beto enough grass build up on the top of the deck to hold the belt tensioner from operating properly.

/ Mower Belt BX2230
I'd check your blades first as it would be rare to have to change that belt unless you have over 1,000 hours of mowing! The only other thing it might be would beto enough grass build up on the top of the deck to hold the belt tensioner from operating properly.
Really? 1,000 hours? So glad you let me know that -makes sense. I was starting to shop for prices -they aint cheap. Yes, I am suspecting the blades as well. I keep sharpening them, but I'm not the best at it. The right one always seems to be the worst. I try to regularly clean off the deck -both on top and inside (that's a 2-hr job!) but I do happen to have a fair amount on top right now so I'll check that as well.

Any recommendations for blades? They seem to have different kinds.

/ Mower Belt BX2230 #4  
Plain stock blade works good for me, but if nothing else, I always blow the deck of with compressed air after each use. I've gotten three seasons out of the OE blades without sharpening. This year I put the backup set on and just touched up the originals with a 14 inch mill file. I started to buy a backup belt, but the price is "WOW", so it's good to hear that one might get about 1000 hours usage. P.S. This is my fourth season mowing 3 acres.