no spark jd garden tractor

/ no spark jd garden tractor #1  

tractorboys2

i lost my spark on my 1977 john deer garden tractor. it has a 10 horse kohler with coil and codenser. last week i power washed the thing with motor runing. went to use it today. no spark at the plug. is there a magnito on these things like a briggs motor. not sure what to do next. maybe change the coil and condenser.thanks bill

/ no spark jd garden tractor #2  
I had a JD hydrostatic with a 14hp Kohler in it. Great motor. Seems like it had a set of points on the side of the crankcase with a little black metal can/cover on it... Might open that up and take a look see. Also, blow the krip out of everything with compressed air.... might help. Good luck, Jerry... :)

/ no spark jd garden tractor
after looking on line i think the motor has a points ignition, in guessing dampness in the points may have cause some corosion thus no spark. i may open it up this weekend. hope to be happy mowing soon.b

/ no spark jd garden tractor
promlem solved thank you lord. found poor terminal wire conection a points. b

/ no spark jd garden tractor #5  
Great..!!!! That Kohler is one well designed/well built motor. Last you for many years.... :)

/ no spark jd garden tractor #6  
Hey, I've got a 1977 JD 210 garden tractor that I am using to mow and plow snow in the winter. Mine needs an engine overhaul as it burns oil pretty good, but when it is running, it's great. I bought a copy of the service manual, on ebay I think, and it has not let me down yet when it comes to fixing something. I just bought a Kubota BX25 in February to mow the bigger areas, but haven't yet run out of projects for the FEL and backhoe so the mower hasn't been used yet. The JD will still be needed for the areas around the house, under some dwarf fruit trees, and a couple of narrow spots so maybe I can get it to last as long as I do by giving it a reduced work load. Maybe I'll buy one of those rebuild kits for the engine and give it a shot or if I'm not feeling so adventureous, have the engine professionally rebuilt. It should last practially forever.