Stuck Clutch

/ Stuck Clutch #1  

genweld

Tractor
Kobota, Jd
Need some help here. I am working on a JD 2010 TLB, Gas model. 1964? The clutch disc is froze to the pressure plate or fly wheel, I think. Will not shift into gear when running. The clutch pedal has one inch of free play. I have tried starting in gear with the rear raised and then lowering for resistance, forward and reverse. No luck. I may try soaking clutch with Coke (has worked to free up stuck engines) what does anyone think of using diesel fuel? The clutch has got to be good as i can kill the engine with to much load on the drive wheels.
Thanks
Genweld

/ Stuck Clutch #2  
I would try taking up on your clutch adjustment Possibly a little more than the 1" of free play and see if you can break it loose under load while stepping on the clutch. I would not use any oil (diesel fuel) of any kind, as it will most likely soak the clutch lining and ruin it. If you do get it freed up, readjust the clutch so the throw out bearing is not always engaged with a little bit of free travel on the peddal.

/ Stuck Clutch #3  
It always works for me, if I have room and help, to push start it in next to top gear and drive it around with the clutch pedal depressed, speeding up and slowing down.

/ Stuck Clutch #4  
block the clutch for a couple days.. might just pop loose.

otherwise, leave it blocked.. lock brakes.. engage pto to a load, and se ton tractor and use bypass to just bump starter over.. make sure she is in gear. don't start her.. just bump over. usually gets them free the safe way vs starting in gear...

can also put a pipe wrench ont he pto shaft and play with her that way.. :)

/ Stuck Clutch
Getting help today. Will try pushing/pulling. Oh! where is the clutch adjustment? Nothing external, I pulled the plate off to expose the clutch, can,t seem to locate the adjusting rod, bolt, rubberband:laughing:, whatever.
Genewld

/ Stuck Clutch #6  
can't help you on a greene machine.

look at the clutch pedal and any linkage. look for clevi or stop bolts. post a pic.. maybee we can see it.

soundguy