Hour meter issues

/ Hour meter issues #1  

pedalstomper78

Gold Member
Tractor
Case/IH DX33
Some people would see the hour meter stopping on their tractor as a good thing. I am pretty religious about my maintenance so I like to know when things are due. Unfortunately, my 2005 DX 33 is stuck in 799.9 hours. If I take the panel apart, can I get to it to see why it stopped, or is it time for a new panel?

/ Hour meter issues #2  
Depends on how geeky you are. It might be sealed together where you can't get it apart. Make sure all of the contacts at the meter and back to sensor plus ground are alright. If those look okay and you can get it apart depending on whether it's electronic or electro mechanical.. My first guess would be oxidation on contacts or a cracked circuit board.. Poor solder connections is a big factor.. Have fun with it.

/ Hour meter issues
Well I took the panel apart and here it seems like it was just stuck between numbers. I bumped it to 800.0 hours and its been working fine since. Just need to see if I can get the fuel and coolant gauges to read a bit more accurate now......

/ Hour meter issues #4  
Check your electrical connections for corrosion to the terminals on the other gauges. Especially any ground connections. You may have to unscrew the terminal connections and look for oxidation. I am glad your hour meter is ticking time away now....