Tractor
    John Deere 5055

Default PTO Driveline for a Fontier Cutter

I have a Frontier Rotary Cutter. I busted the cross joint. My driveline is a sheerpin type. I am looking for a reasonably priced PTO driveline with a slip clutch to replace the entire driveline. My tractor is a John Deere 5055 and the cutter shaft is 1-3/8". The existing drive line is ~ 4'0" collapsed. Any recomendations where I can get a new driveline? I live in KC area. I was going to get a new one thru my local John Deere dealer. But they wanted my first born. Though about that for a bit but wife wouldn't let me.

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Default Re: PTO Driveline for a Fontier Cutter

There are a number of places online to buy them...just do a seach. I used Google (for a tractor own in Panama) and found dozens of distributors.

As far as prices...most do list them and, IIRC, you'll be spending around $300. Since you're in Missouri, you can determine the best price and lowest shipping cost.

BTW, I know some guys will suggest Tractor Supply, but I don't think you'll find a 48" (collapse) driveshaft at TSC.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino