1989? ford 1920 injector pump

/ 1989? ford 1920 injector pump #1  

achallie

Anyone have a diagram of the assembly of a ford 1920 injector pump? I seem to be getting diesel out of one of the ports on the pump but nothing out of the other 3.

/ 1989? ford 1920 injector pump #2  
I have never seen a diagram of the pump itself. Did you remove the injector lines and the fitting, that the injector lines screw into, off the pump? There is usually a spring and plunger under the fitting. When you rotate the pump fuel will flow from each port when rotated to the correct time. Provided you have gravity feed.

Russell

/ 1989? ford 1920 injector pump
Actually there is a parts breakdown of the pump on the New Holland site (https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php). It shows a pretty good breakdown of the pump however what I'm not sure about is if there is any specific orientation as to the insertiion of the plunger assembly (item 6) in relation to the geared rod. The rod itself has 4 "hash" marks which I assume line up with the center of the injection ports prior to installing the plunger assembly (item 6) and plunger gear (item 7). As I said, this is only an assumption and you know what they say about those.

/ 1989? ford 1920 injector pump #4  
I can't open your link.

Strange..basically it's from the New Holland North America web site under parts and service. If you search for 1920 and then go to the fuel system, there is a parts breakdown diagram along with part numbers.

Ok gang...problem solved. Thanks to a local injection pump rebuild shop, I was able to find out the information I needed. There is indeed a relationship between the hash marks on the geared rod and the other components. Each hash mark on the geared rod lines up with the center of each injection port. Once this is lined up, the geared hub is inserted into the cylinder. Note that on the bottom of the geared hub (the end opposite the gear itself) there is a very tiny indention. It almost looks like a flaw in the material and if you weren't looking for it you probably wouldn't pay it any attention. When inserting the geared hub, line the indention up with the hash marks on the geared rod and slide it in place so that the gear and geared rod engage. Next, insert the plunger. The plunger has a lobe on it which will lock it in place once its inserted into the geared hub. Note that on the lobe of the plunger there are some markings. numbers on one side, and something that looks similar to a target on the other side. When inserting the plunger, the side if the lobe with the "target" faces the geared rod. Other than these specifics, the pump goes together pretty much as the parts breakdown diagram which can be found on the New Holland web site. These are not difficult pumps to rebuild. Anyone with a little mechanical knowledge shouldn't have any problems. I can't advise anything on the cost of individual parts but the shop that gave me the specifics on the pump said they charge about $325 for a rebuild.