MF35 pto

/ MF35 pto #1  

Phillip55

Tractor
MF 35 diesel
I am a new member. I am considering buying a MF35 Diesel Deluxe tractor. Serial SNW250152. The pto will not disengage with engine idling with clutch down all the way down. Also to engage the pto you have to force the pto engage lever in and of course it grinds until pto is in. What could be the problem and what is involved to repair. Thanks

/ MF35 pto #2  
A mf 35 deluxe has a two stage clutch the first stage is for the pto. either this one needs adjustment or a new clutch is needed

/ MF35 pto
Thanks for your reply. Another question: As I'm considering buying this tractor, where could I find approximate value. It is a 1961 I think, has straight sheet metal, starts good, no blow by, oil pressure good, 3 point does'nt leak down with mower attached,has the multi-power feature which gives it a high and low range. This is separate from the high/low range in the transmission. Thanks for your help.

/ MF35 pto #4  
a good mf35d should usually fetch 3500-4000$ except.. if yours has a dual clutch going.. I'd tuck away up to 700$ if you are paying to have it repalced.. or about 400$ if you are doing it yourself.

/ MF35 pto #5  
Multi Power is a problem if it is worn and leaks, the one on my 62 MF35 does not work and it will free wheel down hill if it is not working properly but otherwise is a good tractor.

David Kb7uns

/ MF35 pto #6  
mp can be eliminated cheaply with a kit if it becomes an issue..