Woods backhoe sub frame problems

/ Woods backhoe sub frame problems #12  
This may be completely irrelevant, but as I recall a couple members had a similar problem years ago. It may have been Vic4news, but this is a real stretch on my memory banks. Anyway.... the newer Woods subframes came with a new bracket on either side to tie into where the ROPS bolts to the rear axle housing (mine does not have this either). Vic4news (or whomever was having the same problem) contacted Woods, and they sent him just the bracket..... he had it welded on himself. This relieves alot of the stress where the subframe bolts to the ends of your axle housing. Now..... this was on a B3030, but perhaps this applies to the newest subframes on the 7610 also ??? Or perhaps even the ones for a B3030 could be added to yours (assuming it would bolt to your ROPS mount)?

/ Woods backhoe sub frame problems #13  
I like the stud idea,, should I locktite the crap out of them if I put some in???

I would since you can heat the aluminum easily if you ever need to remove them. Just don't heat it hot enough to melt it :D

/ Woods backhoe sub frame problems #14  
I would since you can heat the aluminum easily if you ever need to remove them. Just don't heat it hot enough to melt it :D

You want to make sure you don't heat it enough to lose the temper.

Here's a trick I saw quite a few years ago...using oxy-acetylene rig. Turn the acetylene on, but no oxygen. Use the torch to "soot" the area you want to heat, then add the oxygen and set the ratio as you normally would. Once the soot burns off, that's as hot as you want to go.
A rosebud tip is best, BTW...

/ Woods backhoe sub frame problems #15  

Before you do this, I suggest you contact the Woods engineering department and see what they suggest.

There is the starting point. Call Woods.
When I had a problem with my old Ford 1900 and 3-pt mounted model, they helped me in a big way and (may have) saved me from a disaster.
Very often "doing something" before thinking all the way can cause even more problems.

/ Woods backhoe sub frame problems #16  
Woods Equipment Company: 800-319-6637.

/ Woods backhoe sub frame problems
The backhoe is off for now so I think I'll call them on monday,,, I'll keep you posted..