Water in the oil Ford 6610

/ Water in the oil Ford 6610 #1  

Kypoorboy

Tractor
Ford 6610, Ford 4000
I was using my Ford 6610 for about 15 mins when I notice it was getting warmer then usual so I parked it back into the building and checked the radiator cap and water level witch was low and then I checked the oil and it had water mixed with it. I checked the oil before I started it that day as I always do and it was fine. The tractor has always had persure in the radiator but has never gave me any problem. So I striped the motor down to the naked block and had it and the head pressure checked and they check out fine so I figured head gasket and I rebuilt the whole motor with all new gaskets. While I was letting it run to warm up it set the vavles it was building persure in the radiator and I had water in the oil again in total maybe and hour to hour and a half on complete rebuild. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Water in the oil Ford 6610 #2  
Should have gone ahead and sleeved the block when you had it stripped. Now you get to do it all over again. You more than likely have a porous cylinder bore. Pull the oilpan, pressurize the cooling system, see where the coolant is coming from. Sleeve ALL 4 holes so you don't have to do it multiple times.

/ Water in the oil Ford 6610 #3  
Should have gone ahead and sleeved the block when you had it stripped. Now you get to do it all over again. You more than likely have a porous cylinder bore. Pull the oilpan, pressurize the cooling system, see where the coolant is coming from. Sleeve ALL 4 holes so you don't have to do it multiple times.

Good sound advice!

/ Water in the oil Ford 6610 #4  
You might want to pressure test your engine oil cooler first.

/ Water in the oil Ford 6610 #5  
Yup,
Radiator and oil cooler are part of the same unit.
Our one had a dodgy unit and gave the symptoms described.
The porous block thing is one of the other things I remember 6610s' being noted for.

Good luck with your tractor.
I did like the 6610. 1st 4wd we had.

/ Water in the oil Ford 6610 #6  
Any of you guys ever had a steering problem? I have posted a question and recieved no replies, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.