Ford 1500 Air Cleaner Keeper

/ Ford 1500 Air Cleaner Keeper #1  

old1500

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1500
Does anybody know that if I order the clamp that holds the cup to the bottom of the air cleaner oil-bath.....if I will get the keeper?

ALL I need is the keeper and the PN is only listed as a clamp and the keeper is not pictured on the parts list. I am weary of waiting on an answer from the supplier. These same clamps are on the 1500 and 1700 series Ford/NH tractors.

Thanks!

/ Ford 1500 Air Cleaner Keeper #2  
Not sure what you are calling a "keeper" I have a bottom cup, clamp to attach, main body with clamp to attach to tractor and top breather tube with cap.

Russell

/ Ford 1500 Air Cleaner Keeper
The "ring" that holds the bottom (oil-cup) to the breather body had a keeper that "hooks" that ring (band) together....which attaches the oil-bath to the bottom of the filter. I would suppose the keeper is likely spot-welded on one end to that band. I must have knocked mine off on a branch or stick while bush-hogging. My oil bath (bottom cup) has dropped down and the attachment band is in place, but there is no way to fasten it.

The parts diagram just shows the band without any hinged keeper or "bail" to clamp it tight.

/ Ford 1500 Air Cleaner Keeper #4  
It should come as 1 piece, band and latch.