Massey 135 Z134 Governor

/ Massey 135 Z134 Governor #1  

dragracergo

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
Hello everyone!
I just purchased a 135 Massey Ferguson Tractor Z134 gas 4cyl with 6 foot brush hog. After getting it home and trying to cut my field the tractor was amazingly under powered. It seems the governor was not working. Further inspection reviled that I was missing the Governor Compensation spring. I know where it hooks to the linkage but not the other end. The generator has been replaced with a GM alternator and I am wondering if this spring somehow fastened to the generators mounting. I also noticed a return spring on the carb linkage that is not stock and I don't believe its in the correct location. It seems to be a very stiff spring and wonder if it will interfere with the Governor trying to open the throttle up under a load. This is as far as I have gotten to understanding whats going on. It's very possible that the Governor itself may need repair or replaced even when I get the linkage where it needs to be.
If there is anyone who might fill in some blanks for me, Please do. :confused2:

/ Massey 135 Z134 Governor #2  
Hello everyone!
I just purchased a 135 Massey Ferguson Tractor Z134 gas 4cyl with 6 foot brush hog. After getting it home and trying to cut my field the tractor was amazingly under powered. It seems the governor was not working. Further inspection reviled that I was missing the Governor Compensation spring. I know where it hooks to the linkage but not the other end. The generator has been replaced with a GM alternator and I am wondering if this spring somehow fastened to the generators mounting. I also noticed a return spring on the carb linkage that is not stock and I don't believe its in the correct location. It seems to be a very stiff spring and wonder if it will interfere with the Governor trying to open the throttle up under a load. This is as far as I have gotten to understanding whats going on. It's very possible that the Governor itself may need repair or replaced even when I get the linkage where it needs to be.
If there is anyone who might fill in some blanks for me, Please do. :confused2:

Goto AGCO Parts Books use their GUEST log in. Put in the make and model (135) and go thru there extensive exploded view of your tractor. It also includes parts numbers you will need when searching dealers who can provide the needed parts. You will need Microsoft Silverlight to view the PDF type files. It has helped me out many times while refurbishing my 1965 Z145. Good luck. -robert

Note: sometimes AGCO's server is down. If you try a log in with GUEST and it comes up with an error, there server may be offline which seems common on the weekends.. I attached a snippet of what can be displayed and printable to you.

/ Massey 135 Z134 Governor
Goto AGCO Parts Books use their GUEST log in. Put in the make and model (135) and go thru there extensive exploded view of your tractor. It also includes parts numbers you will need when searching dealers who can provide the needed parts. You will need Microsoft Silverlight to view the PDF type files. It has helped me out many times while refurbishing my 1965 Z145. Good luck. -robert

Note: sometimes AGCO's server is down. If you try a log in with GUEST and it comes up with an error, there server may be offline which seems common on the weekends.. I attached a snippet of what can be displayed and printable to you.

Thank you Kid, the website was helpful. I am going to pull off the timing cover and get to the governor and see whats up with it. I was able to successfully brush chop my fields as I took off the rather stiff return spring that someone put on the carburetor and replaced it with a lighter spring that I hooked to the Governor linkage and carburetor. That gave me a lot more throttle that I manually manipulated when the tractor was under a load. Also I noticed the motor laboring a little and adjusting the carburetor settings did not seem to help so I tried pulling out the choke a little to see what affect that had. That made the difference as the motor was running flawlessly. There might be a fuel delivery problem and I'll tackle that later also. Again Thanks for the reply.

/ Massey 135 Z134 Governor #4  
Would anyone be able to post a pic of the connection of this spring ......having the same problem!

Thanks Tom