1973 Ford 3000 diesel

/ 1973 Ford 3000 diesel #1  

mojo0768

Tractor
1972 ford 3000 diesel
I have a ford 3000 diesel with a front end loader,areally nice tractor ,been in the family since new. Well today the front axel support beam broke in half on the left side of the tractor.so i took the front end apart ,every things off, im now down to the pin that holds the support beam in place. the pin has a 1 5/8" hex head on it its reccesed in a hole in the housing,,I cannot find a socket with walls thin enoughto get it out, went to ford dealer he was not much help, said i may have to cut it out with a torch , < yea right> a new pin is 60.00 bucks...does any one know how to get this thing out. TKS Randy

/ 1973 Ford 3000 diesel #2  
If it's a bolt that has to be turned to come out as opposed to a pin, you will probably have to grind down the outside of a socket until it will fit. If you have access to a lathe, use that of course to turn it down. I've had to make a lot of special tools to get the job done.

/ 1973 Ford 3000 diesel #3  
There is a person on here, Soundguy, who is very knowledgable on Ford tractors and could probably answer your question. Try sending him a PM.

/ 1973 Ford 3000 diesel
ok thanks very much for the info,,looks like thats what i will have to do;TKS again

/ 1973 Ford 3000 diesel
OK but not sure what a PM is ,and how do i get in touch ,,TKS Randy

/ 1973 Ford 3000 diesel #6  
You find the person you are looking for ie (Soundguy) then click on his or her name, then send PM to that person....simple