Mahindra lift problem

/ Mahindra lift problem #1  

Willy D

Tractor
2001 Mahindra 3505 DI
Hey everybody
Im generally a lurker but I've run across a problem that I can't quite figure out. I've got a Mahindra 3505 that I've had about 11 years. Never had an issue with it. My girls and I were out picking peas in the garden the other day and we've been using the bush hog on it as a carry all for our produce. When we got done and I went to park it the lift would not drop, I started it back up and it won't raise or drop.... its stuck all the way up. This rascal has a spin on filter for the hydrolics on the lift and I've never changed it or the fluid. Bought the tractor new and its always tied every bundle. Do you folks think there is any chance that changing the filter and fluid may fix this?

/ Mahindra lift problem #2  
They probably moved one of the other hydralic levers trying to run it, or turned the 'rate of drop control' ..... and that is why you can't move the three point. Probably something simple .....

/ Mahindra lift problem #3  
Make sure your all you hydralic levers are in their 'neutral' position. If you have a 'draft control' for your 3pt, make sure you did not bump that into the wrong postion. And, again, check that the rate of drop control is not keeping it up.

/ Mahindra lift problem #4  
I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 4500... JUST LET IT SIT OVERNITE... THE SPOOL IS STUCK..

THE SPOOL IS THE PIECE THAT MOVES WHEN YOU MOVE THE HANDLE TO RAISE OR LOWER THE HYD.

COULD BE YOUR HYD. OIL IS GETTING DIRTY... 95% OF ALL HYD. PROBLEMS.. OR THE FILTER DIRTY..

IF IT'S BEEN VERY LONG SINCE YOU HAVE CHANGED THEM AND DO A CHANGE JOB..

SEE IF THIS HELPS... BO..

/ Mahindra lift problem #5  
I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 4500... JUST LET IT SIT OVERNITE... THE SPOOL IS STUCK..

THE SPOOL IS THE PIECE THAT MOVES WHEN YOU MOVE THE HANDLE TO RAISE OR LOWER THE HYD.

COULD BE YOUR HYD. OIL IS GETTING DIRTY... 95% OF ALL HYD. PROBLEMS.. OR THE FILTER DIRTY

IF IT'S BEEN VERY LONG SINCE YOU HAVE CHANGED THEM AND DO A CHANGE JOB..

SEE IF THIS HELPS... BO..
The op has had the tractor since new. 11 years now and has never changed the hydraulic oil or even changed the filter. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it has.
Makes me wonder if he has serviced the engine at all, or even picked up a grease gun.

/ Mahindra lift problem #6  
Hey everybody
Im generally a lurker but I've run across a problem that I can't quite figure out. I've got a Mahindra 3505 that I've had about 11 years. Never had an issue with it. My girls and I were out picking peas in the garden the other day and we've been using the bush hog on it as a carry all for our produce. When we got done and I went to park it the lift would not drop, I started it back up and it won't raise or drop.... its stuck all the way up. This rascal has a spin on filter for the hydrolics on the lift and I've never changed it or the fluid. Bought the tractor new and its always tied every bundle. Do you folks think there is any chance that changing the filter and fluid may fix this?
It's worth a shot, but should have been done several times over the past 11 years that you've owned it.

/ Mahindra lift problem
Thanks guys I sure appreciate the help. Yeah Don I have serviced the tractor and I know my way around a grease gun. There are two items on this scamp that worry me enough that I have not taken care of them. One being the hydraulic oil change.... the manual these came with is a little on the vague side and I just keep putting it off, looks like I'm done with putting it off. Looks like my manual calls for 20W40.... isn't that motor oil?
And again, thank you for taking the time to help me out.
Ya'll have a good day

/ Mahindra lift problem #8  
Thanks guys I sure appreciate the help. Yeah Don I have serviced the tractor and I know my way around a grease gun. There are two items on this scamp that worry me enough that I have not taken care of them. One being the hydraulic oil change.... the manual these came with is a little on the vague side and I just keep putting it off, looks like I'm done with putting it off. Looks like my manual calls for 20W40.... isn't that motor oil?And again, thank you for taking the time to help me out.
Ya'll have a good day
That's what it appears to be, but if it were me, I would call a Mahindra dealer just to be sure.

/ Mahindra lift problem
That lift is still holding the bush hog, its not on the ground and I cant lower it. Is there still pressure on the hydraulic system? Is it safe to pull the drain plug and empty the system?

/ Mahindra lift problem #10  
It should be safe as long as you fpllow the golden rule. Never get under a suspended load.

You could put blocking under the brush hog to be on the safe side