3pt replacement?

/ 3pt replacement? #1  

agcomike

Silver Member
Tractor
Hinomoto e2004 aka 5020
My 3pt arms constintly hit my tires alot i was wondering if there are any HD'er lower 3pt arms i can put on? i have a hinomoto e2004.. I seen a set of universal one's but not sure if they'd work any suggestions?

/ 3pt replacement? #2  
Don't you have chains or arms that can be adjusted to stop that? On my Ford, the arms swing into the tires when the 3PH is empty - the chains are positioned to stop the arms from swinging inward, not outward. That's when a bungie comes in handy. The only way they swing into the tires with an attachment on is if I don't tighten up the turnbuckles.

On my Kubota, I changed to telescoping bars. They stay where you pin them with or without an attachment................chim

/ 3pt replacement? #3  
I had the same trouble with my Iseki until I set my wheels wider (switched side to side). Now I just need to get turnbuckles to keep the attachments from moving around so much. Bad thing about the 3ph hitting the tires is it really tears them up!!

/ 3pt replacement? #4  
I have never seen a tractor that didn't have some method of controlling side to side movement after spreading the lower arms to install the 3pt equipment. Chains, bars with pins that can be repositioned, something!!

/ 3pt replacement?
Actualy i've heard it's quite common for sub compacts for the arms to hit the tires. Mine has the straight curved arms Also the wheels can't be set out there at approx. 48" width setting .

The chains don't tighten up enough to control the sway it's especialy bad on 500-600# attachments with wide arm spacing..

I found a set of aftermarket ones from one company for $279 but they look like the yanmar and not sure there long enough to fit..

Can't post pics due to file sizing! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ 3pt replacement? #6  
I also have an Iseki, like DavidS. I changed the rear tires (moved the right rear to the left rear... let rear to the right rear) and that took care of the arms hitting my tires.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 3pt replacement? #7  
If your chains won't tighten enough to control the sway they are either too long or or your implements are too big. there are always ways of controlling sway, including reversing lower lift pins so they point in instead of out.

/ 3pt replacement? #8  
My Yanmar F20 D hits on the left side only and only when not in hooked to an attachment For some reason the right side will not swing that far. I put a bungie cord between them and it solved the problem.

/ 3pt replacement?
I'm going to try to rig a cat 0 hitch top link on both sides to control sway..

does anyone have a bar or some other way except a chain with pics? I'd like to see how some of them are rigged before i start drilling

Thanks for the suggestions..

/ 3pt replacement? #10  
The problem with that is every time you go to switch implements you'll have to loosen the links. Not an easy job in such a confined space.

Eugene