LT 1000 blows white smoke. Rings?

/ LT 1000 blows white smoke. Rings? #1  

liammulloy

Tractor
Craftsman LT1000
When ever i start it it blows lots of white smoke, then it settles out and then when i turn it off a little more comes out. 20 minuets later i start it again same thing. Seams like oil is getting thorough somehow and settling in the cylinder, could it be the rings? I am not sure, i have done a lot with small engines but never dealt with the cylinder and rings. I took a video and it is at tracctor blows smoke when sitting for awile - YouTube if you have time check out the other video of the rototiller.

thanks a lot, any help is greatly appreciated
Liam

/ LT 1000 blows white smoke. Rings? #2  
Looks like blue smoke to me, which suggests that's sure oil (not much else it could be, of course). I'd suspect valves/guides myself. If it was the rings, it would probably be smoking all the time, and would also run lousy (or maybe I should say lousier).

/ LT 1000 blows white smoke. Rings?
Looks like blue smoke to me, which suggests that's sure oil (not much else it could be, of course). I'd suspect valves/guides myself. If it was the rings, it would probably be smoking all the time, and would also run lousy (or maybe I should say lousier).
thanks, what would be wrong with the valves? the crappy runing was from me fumbling with the choke trying to hold the camera :) other wise it runs grate

/ LT 1000 blows white smoke. Rings? #4  
id say thats blue also, i wouldnt worry to much about it since it only does it at start up then clears up which means its probably the seals, you can try those mystery can fluids that swell up seals but i would just keep any eye on your fluids.

My dads old snowblower has been doing the same thing for the last 30 years, just keep up with maintenance and it should you fine.

After you use it tho let it idle down for atleast 1 minute before shutting it down.

See below for valve adjusting if you have an OHV engine

Lawn Mower Repair Valve Adjustment - YouTube