John Deere 2210 starting problem

/ John Deere 2210 starting problem #1  

arjee

Tractor
john deere 2210
Hello everyone. I'm trying to help repair a starting problem on a 2210 compact tractor. The battery keeps going down and that is probably the problem. However, I checked the voltage coming from the alternator and one spade reads 3.4 and the other 3.6. I understand this is AC voltage and is converted at the regulator. Is this normal voltage? After charging, the battery shows 12.4 volts and does not change when it is running. Shouldn't I get a higher reading when it is running and the alternator is properly charging? Last, the voltage coming into the switch is only around 11.5. Is this normal? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Randy.

/ John Deere 2210 starting problem #2  
your 2210 should have a permanet magnet alternator part number am879144 your unit will either have regulator/rectifier attached to it or mounted elsewhere on the tractor. these are designed to only keep the battery charged possibly highest voltage output maybe 13.0 and the only repairable part in this unit is the bearing and almost impossible to get apart. the altenator and the regulator/rectifier can be purchased aftermarket form a local alternator shop or repost and i can direct you to someone in your area

/ John Deere 2210 starting problem
Thanks for the info. I have spent more time on it and have found the alternator is putting out the proper voltage. However, it appears like there is not proper voltage going to the regulator. We believe that we have traced the problem to a relay that is not letting current get to the regulator. Any idea where to get these relays or is John Deere the only way to go? I am in northwest Missouri. Thanks for the help. Randy.

your 2210 should have a permanet magnet alternator part number am879144 your unit will either have regulator/rectifier attached to it or mounted elsewhere on the tractor. these are designed to only keep the battery charged possibly highest voltage output maybe 13.0 and the only repairable part in this unit is the bearing and almost impossible to get apart. the altenator and the regulator/rectifier can be purchased aftermarket form a local alternator shop or repost and i can direct you to someone in your area

/ John Deere 2210 starting problem #4  
the relay should have marking on it and possibly the deere part number post whats there and we can help figure it out for you if no numbers either post picture or drawing of the post and what the amp variable is it will possibly 50/30 amp or less and will have anywhere from 2 spades to 5 spade very important to know the pattern of the spades