New Owner with three point problem (Rockshaft?)

/ New Owner with three point problem (Rockshaft?) #1  

tycham

Tractor
JD 4300
I am in the process of buying a JD 4300. The only know problem is that the three point does not raise. The current owner said that his son was using a gannon box with rippers down. While pulling it, there was a loud noise and now it doesn't work. Any ideas? Is the control valve the most expensive part?

/ New Owner with three point problem (Rockshaft?)
Anyone?

/ New Owner with three point problem (Rockshaft?) #3  
There's a number of aluminum castings back there, so do a close visual examination for any broken parts.
As far as internal breakage, I suggest you search for TBN member's dfkrug threads on rebuilding 4300 tractors. They are quite informative and I've learned much from them.
This could be an expensive repair, so investigate first...before you buy the tractor. Good luck!!

/ New Owner with three point problem (Rockshaft?)
RoyJackson said:
There's a number of aluminum castings back there, so do a close visual examination for any broken parts.
As far as internal breakage, I suggest you search for TBN member's dfkrug threads on rebuilding 4300 tractors. They are quite informative and I've learned much from them.
This could be an expensive repair, so investigate first...before you buy the tractor. Good luck!!

Ended up being a clogged filter. Not cheap to fix but not killer either