Fuel Filter Problems for Long 2610

/ Fuel Filter Problems for Long 2610 #1  

wlf720

Tractor
1994 Long 2910
I just bought a 1994 Long 2610 and had to change the fuel filter after the lower filter was found to be stopped up. During the removal process I dropped and broke the glass bowl, which is attached to the bottom of the lower filter. After several hours of looking for a new bowl, I finally found one in Poplarville Mississippi. After returning with the new bowl and “Wix” filters we began changing them. After replacing the old filters we noticed the lower filter was leaking around the base housing. We removed it and checked the gasket, it was fine so we put it back on and it still leaked. I then tightened the filter screw, which goes through the center of the housing, filter and tightens at the base of the glass bowl and upon doing so I busted the glass bowl. My Question is, does Long or any other company make a different type filter that would be more efficient and easier to install. Even if it means getting rid of the glass bowl I don’t care. Any help concerning my problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks…………

/ Fuel Filter Problems for Long 2610 #2  
TSC and most tractor supply companies will have replacements and the complete assemblies.

You can also purchase it with a "metal" container/bowl versus "glass"...

/ Fuel Filter Problems for Long 2610 #3  
An additional thought.. I had a similar situation ...

As it turns out, the gasket that came with my filter (Wix), was just a fuz smaller (not as wide as I recall, and the diamater was a touch less) than the "dealer" version. it was but a barely discernable amount, unless you put the two gaskets side by side, but different none the less.

I had to truck back to the dealer (almost 80 mile round trip) to buy the $1.50 gasket just so I'd have peace of mind knowing everything was buttoned up.

Richard