j.i. case 1949 SC

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
so what i need to do is just adjust the throttle cable so when i pull up to get more power the engine goes higher for more power ?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #112  
you need to make sure that you are getting all the available throttle out of the governor that you are capable of.. IE.. make sure the manual throttle adjustment is not limiting you..

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #113  
You can check the engine speed through the belt pulley RPM. The no load speed should be 1180RPM.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
so where do i adjust the throttle at in the link between the governer and the carb?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #115  
so where do i adjust the throttle at in the link between the governer and the carb?

Ya. I would check the engine speed first before adjusting that. I would also check the load adjustment on the carburetor.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
i just adjust the motor a lil higher to run higher

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #117  
you really need to check rpm before doing much tweaking..

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
how do i check rpms?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #119  
how do i check rpms?

If I were you I would buy a hand held tach and use the belt pulley speed stated above or the no load pto speed of 541 rpm. 1rpm on the pulley is equal two 1.438rpm on the engine.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #120  
I would also be leary of making it run above rated speed as these engines were never balanced or designed to run at greater then factory rated speeds and could lead to other major issues later on from the added stress.