j.i. case 1949 SC

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #141  
that dont make sense their seperate i have oil that pours out of the top oil plug so i dont quit understand what your anyhow in the bottom of the pan their was peices of betal or bearing looking things so i guess im gonna have to take it to a shop to get a new clutch in it

What doesn't make sense. They are not separate.

Quote from the Dealership Manual is as followed

"Oil from the crankcase is constantly circulating through the clutch housing and a small amount is retained in the housing when the engine stops. The clutch housing drain plug should be removed and the housing oil drained the same time the crankcase oil is changed."

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
ok then it had 2 inchs of oil in the bottom then it should be good to go right? the oil only goes into the clutch when the tractor runing i got you

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
ok i figured out what was in the bottom of the pan the clutch fingers that push the clutch forwarder or engange whatever you call it the bottons on the end of the fingers o their 3 clutch fingers the round bottoms that go in the end of the fingers have a carter pin in them so my clutch is only runing on one clutch finger so do i need to take it apart to get them botton things in the end and were would i get those parts at? also when i push the clutch forward to let the belt pully run freely when motor is runing and not in gear should that sping freely when the tractor is not runing because mine dont sping when the tractor is just parked but it spins when the clutch is pulled back

Last edited:
   / j.i. case 1949 SC
and will any 6 volt seliniod work for it? and any 6 volt coil?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #146  
if it uses a round can type coil.. a napa ic7 is a common replacement..

can't comment onthe solenoid.. I don't have an SC.. not sure about their setup.

there are different solenoid types.. isolated base 3 and 4 post and non isolated base 3 and 4 post types as well as bypass types.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
what would cause their to be cold water right around the carborator and exhaust the engine can be warm and theirs cold water that comes off right their were the 2 meet is that bad?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #148  
what would cause their to be cold water right around the carborator and exhaust the engine can be warm and theirs cold water that comes off right their were the 2 meet is that bad?

That would be condensation.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #149  
yep.. simple physics at work.... (sigh)