j.i. case 1949 SC

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
were can i get a clutch adjustment tool
??

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
give me sum dimesions or picture of what it looks like? also anyone no if the tractor has bronze bushing instead of a pilot bearing in the clutch?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
anyone on the clutch tool? and i also need to no about the pins to split the tractor how wide how hard what should i use?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #155  
anyone on the clutch tool? and i also need to no about the pins to split the tractor how wide how hard what should i use?

I have no info on the tool. You would have to look at the clutch set up and probably make one. As for the pins probably 1/2 inch grade 8 rod 12 inches long would work. Be sure to put cotter pins on each end so the pin can not fall out. Your serial number on your tractor will be 53xxxxx. All Case Sc tractors made after serial 5308165 have a clutch drive plate that can be removed. Before serial 5308165 the tractor will require a new flywheel and bolts to change the clutch disk.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
the number on the tractor is 5326463sc ive yet to find any info on the adjustment tool the case dealer cant even come up with anythang wont do me any good to replace clutch if i cant adjust it

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
any ideas

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #158  
Have you removed the access cover to look at the adjustment mechanism? It has been several years ago since I have adjusted my 43 SC clutch- but I don't have a special tool and I was able to do it.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #159  
I just found this thread and should caution you to make sure what you use for the hydraulic system. We had one with the Eagle Claw hitch and rear remote hydraulics and it used Type A transmission fluid

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
well i still have bubbles in my radiator after the new water pump a i have a small leak in the steel line but i wouldn;t think it would cause that much bubbles at idel their are no bubbles but when its reved way up she blowes bubbles likle crazy any ideas? needless to say it needs a clutch replaced and im tired of putting money into it why replace a clutch if it does have a bad head gasket

Last edited: