j.i. case 1949 SC

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
my book it does not tell me were the drain plugs are for the rear end im guessin its the big pipe plug on the right hand side up by the front and then theirs a smaller pipe plug underneath the rear in the middle near the hitch correct i no were the clutch drain and oil drains are

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
also i read in the book about condesation build up it says to undo the oil screen at the bottom untile their just a few threads left and the water will come out is that sumthing i really need to worry about?

Last edited:
   / j.i. case 1949 SC #33  
I think that you found the drain plugs alright. How is your oil pressure? I would only worry about condensation if it looked as through the metal was starting to sweat. By loosening the plug to the last thread the water that is on the bottom will drain out. I have a friend who does this all the time on his International as coolant leaks into the oil pan.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #34  
I'm not sure if the SC is the same setup as the VAC on oil pressure.. but I was initially worried about the 15 psi oil pressure.. till i actually rread the oem manual and it states that 15 psi is book/normal oil pressure.. :)

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #35  
I'm not sure if the SC is the same setup as the VAC on oil pressure.. but I was initially worried about the 15 psi oil pressure.. till i actually rread the oem manual and it states that 15 psi is book/normal oil pressure.. :)

I have 20psi on my Sc. It worried me to until i read the dealership manual and discovered that new they had 30psi and 20psi is above average pressure.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #36  
i think they use a high volume / low pressure, flow system.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
my oil pressure is at 20

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #38  
plenty

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
also i have a some form of hydralic hook up in the back now i dont have the eagle hitch so what all can i do with this mike?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #40  
It is probably the hydraulic outlets hooked up to a homemade lift If I understand you correctly. I am not that familiar with the hydraulics on these machines as mine is a 45 model the year before the hydraulics came out on them.

Could you post some pictures of the tractor to help us see what you are talking about as equipment does get farmerized over the years.