j.i. case 1949 SC

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
but in my case Sc i get antifreeze that comes out of the overflow and it has bubbles in the radiator is that bad? what do i need to do do i need to start it up and let it run alot longer to see if the bubbles go away?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #72  
I would look at Steiner Tractor for the lights. Antifreeze coming out the over flow means you must have too much in the system. The system is non-pressurized. Bubbles in the rad is usually a sign of the water pump going. If you run it for a couple hours under a light load, watch the rad cap and if the antifreeze to starts bubbling over and your temperature gauge is reading zero (the needle doesn't move) it is a sure sine that the pump is gone because it is no longer pumping coolant but pumping air into the system. The temperature gauge will read zero because of it's location after the pump where there is only air getting pushed past it and not coolant. A new water pump will run ya about $250 and the complete light assembly about $80 each. I have looked for a water pump rebuild kit but had no luck finding one for the Sc. Good luck.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
so really i just need to keep runing it until it stops coming out of the overflow?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
i ran it down the road it spewed out fluid from the overflow like normal i ran it back let it run for awhile got it hot it did not over heat the temp guage stayed were it normally did so i took the rad cap off at low idle their is a few bubbles not much but with full throttle going she bubbles lke crazy any ideas?

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #75  
With all the bubbles, it sure sounds like a water pump. The engine turning slow-slower pump speed less water movement less air getting sucked into system, faster engine more water flow-more air getting sucked into system. If you check around the pulley on the water pump on the main casting is there any water leaking down around it. To me it sounds like a seal in the pump. Does your tractor have thermostat. They are located in the upper rad hose. It was a option on these tractors. Mine does not have one.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #76  
with the pump shaft seal under watrer level.. i'd sure think it would seep water if it was also sucking air. in fact.. I'd think it would drip and not suck air.. if it ain't leaking water.. .. i'd be surprised if it was sucking air...

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #77  
with the pump shaft seal under watrer level.. i'd sure think it would seep water if it was also sucking air. in fact.. I'd think it would drip and not suck air.. if it ain't leaking water.. .. i'd be surprised if it was sucking air...

I have seen them start to suck air long before leaking water. It will gradually get worse until a leak is noticeable. Where it leaks is up behind the pulley in which extends back to the main casting. It takes a fair amount of water to leak out to get all the way to the back of the pulley to the main casting. It is easiest to check and see if there is water getting on the fan blades from leaking around the pump as it is running as the center fugal force will fling the water outwards usually hitting the fan blade.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC #78  
i think a pressureized test on the cooling system would be in order if one suspects a leak too.

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
ya their water a litle water seepege down under the pully so i should replace my water pump alrighty anythang else i should do i do not no of it has a thermostat or not

/ j.i. case 1949 SC
their no oil in raidiator their was no raidiator fluid in oil last i checked and it does not burn white smoke