Fordson Dexta w/3cyl Perkins losing prime

/ Fordson Dexta w/3cyl Perkins losing prime #1  

oilburner613

Tractor
Kubota BX 2230d
My old Dexta runs fine for 10-20 minutes, then begins to loose power and eventually dies. If I jump off at the first indication and crack the bleed screw on the injection pump just enough to bleed out the air bubbles which collect there, I can stave off the shut down for a few more minutes. Anybody got any suggestions where the air might be coming from?

/ Fordson Dexta w/3cyl Perkins losing prime #2  
Air could be coming from the O-rings on the injector pump. As the engine heats up everything expands but the seals are getting old or dry and aren't expanding with the rest and allowing air to be sucked in around them.

/ Fordson Dexta w/3cyl Perkins losing prime #3  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Parts/Repairs Forum.

/ Fordson Dexta w/3cyl Perkins losing prime #4  
G'day and:welcome: . Check your fuel lines are tight all the way back to the tank also check/change fuel filter and also there should be a little filter on the fuel tap where it goes up into the tank, you will have to remove the tap to clean this one. It sounds to me like you have got a partial restriction and a small leak allowing it to suck air. If this is fitted with a prime pump check from there back to the tank as it should have positive pressure from it to the injector pump and should leak and not suck air.

Jon