Mitsubishi MT210 Starter Switch

/ Mitsubishi MT210 Starter Switch #1  

michaeladoyle

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT210 2WD
My sister-in law who fancy themself a mechanic, destroyed the starter key switch by first breaking off the key, then using a screw driver to remove the key, then took it appart and wired it wrong, all becuase there was a bad ground. So to bring this drama to an end I am looking for a place where I can purchase a new starter switch. Used or new does not matter to me. Any information would be very much appreciated.

/ Mitsubishi MT210 Starter Switch #2  
I would check with NAPA, as they have a variety of starter switches, and should be able to match it up. If possible, I would determine what the terminals are, such as one will be B+, one will be on, and one will go to the starter.

/ Mitsubishi MT210 Starter Switch
I would check with NAPA, as they have a variety of starter switches, and should be able to match it up. If possible, I would determine what the terminals are, such as one will be B+, one will be on, and one will go to the starter.

It has 5 posts, Stator, Bat, G1, C2, and a center post . I think I did find one but they want a bit much for it. Of course this vehicle is very hard to find parts for now.

Thanks for the reply.

/ Mitsubishi MT210 Starter Switch #4  
This keyswitch has a backwards-spring return for the glow plugs, as well as the usual forwards-spring return for the starter, right? Good luck with that other than the original switch which is not cheap. Failing that, you could add a regular keyswitch and a push button for the glow plugs. Not hard to fix, just figure out what wires are what.

/ Mitsubishi MT210 Starter Switch #5  
Ebay......tons of 5 pole switches available for under $25. I got mine for well less and it came w/ 2 keys and has off,run,momentary (spring return) start and counter-clockwise momentary glowplug positions. Hoye Tractor has very nice replacements for about $40.

/ Mitsubishi MT210 Starter Switch #6  
My tractor is a Case IH 234. My ignition switch is failing. I wonder how much interchangability there is between the MT210, the Case IH 234, and the Yanmar. It would be nice to have other choices in parts

/ Mitsubishi MT210 Starter Switch #7  
My Mitsu came with the key broken inside. Kept it that way for years and just used a stubby screwdriver to start.
The upside is that I never lost the key,

Trick to remove broken key:
Snap off a length of coping saw blade and use it as a fish to pull the broken key end.