My TO30 Z129 12v alternator

/ My TO30 Z129 12v alternator #1  

FergFan

Tractor
1953 Ferguson TO30 Z129
IMG_0951.jpg

This is a pic of the 12v alternator on my TO30 Z129..it doesn't fit the description I'm getting from some as far as the P1,P2, and BAT connections. What I'm seeing is a BAT, GRD, and FLD..and a STA that never had anything hooked up to it before. I'm quite a newbie and am just trying to wire the alternator the way it was previously..which was...

Alternator GRD - grounded to one of the four bolts on the gear shift starter switch

Alternator BAT - ran it along battery cable to positive battery post

Alternator FLD - to a voltage regulator(Echlin VR32) then out to L on dash ignition switch

This Voltage Regulator has only two connections..one labeled Field on the RH side and one labeled ignition on the LH side

/ My TO30 Z129 12v alternator #2  
ok quit trying to figure out wiring diagram your tractor originally came with a delco generator at some time it was converted to the alternator system you are showing in the picture which happens to be a ford 1g externally alternator. and as luck would have it just down the road from you is one of the best alternator repairs shops on the east coast it is called b and h auto electric phone number is 904-269-7052 the owner is bob thomas have known him for over 20 years he can help you sort out what you are trying to fix and by the way the sta hook up means stator tap a part of the chargin sytem he may be there today good luck

/ My TO30 Z129 12v alternator #3  
sorry forgot to tell you he is in orange park a suburb of middleburg lol lol lol i used to live in jacksonville back in the 1970's still have family in you part of town

/ My TO30 Z129 12v alternator
Thanks for the info..I'm actually in Orange Park right now

Wow..after googling this b and h auto electric shop, come to find out its less than a mile from my house. I'm on loring ave and hes in the Industrial loop. Lets hope this is divine intervention

Just talked with Mr. Thomas, he was very helpful and patient with such a novice

/ My TO30 Z129 12v alternator #7  
thats bob more than willing to help people also see you posted of other wiring problems he is in the industry is one of the best but will never get above a "NOVICE" and i also am a novice with practical help good luck

My other wiring issues are with my dash ignition which has three terminals with four switches(Two on the B terminal)..This is how it was wired...

L <--- FLD Alternator Post...Thru Voltage Regulator

B <--- Positive side of Ignition Coil

I <--- + Ammeter...Charge side

I have the neg side of the Ammeter(Discharge) wired to the same gear shift starting post the positive battery cable is connected to...with the starter connected to the other gear shift starting post

BAT Alternator post wired to positive battery terminal