tc29 Still no movement, . .anybody?

/ tc29 Still no movement, . .anybody? #1  

connie1116

Tractor
TC29 NEW HOLLAND
Replaced fuses, tried wiggling pto to engage starter, tried to check for safety switches on pto, seat, and clutch wasnt really sure of location but i think theyre good. i hooked up jumper cables and a now instead of just a single click i am getting a high pitched squel coming from a relay behind the switch. it the only one thats totally different from all the others. thought it was gonna crank , it turned over once slightly but then back to nothing. i checked the battery good there to please help please help. what is that relay if anyone knows and how do i jump it from the starter to the selenoid exactly?

/ tc29 Still no movement, . .anybody? #2  
Replaced fuses, tried wiggling pto to engage starter, tried to check for safety switches on pto, seat, and clutch wasnt really sure of location but i think theyre good. i hooked up jumper cables and a now instead of just a single click i am getting a high pitched squel coming from a relay behind the switch. it the only one thats totally different from all the others. thought it was gonna crank , it turned over once slightly but then back to nothing. i checked the battery good there to please help please help. what is that relay if anyone knows and how do i jump it from the starter to the selenoid exactly?

Loose or corroded ground cable from battery to chassis? Try wiggling it.. Are we really sure the battery will deliver the starting current? You said it partially turned over once. That indicates all safety switches are good, at least at that time. Looking more and more like a high resistance joint somewhere or a bad battery.. Place digital voltmeter directly on top of battery terminals. Not the clamps but directly on the battery terminals and keep them there as someone else attempts to crank engine. It should not drop below 10 volts with full starter load while cranking. If it does not crank and the battery voltage stays above 12, then move over to the clamps and measure. if you get a lower voltage on the clamps then you have found a high resistance joint between the posts and the clamps. place negative lead on chassis of tractor and measure between chassis and post etc. Again the idea is to find where the voltage drops, due to a high resistance joint. But all of this could still be just a bad battery or ground cable. I am leaning towards ground cable or connection.

James K0UA

/ tc29 Still no movement, . .anybody?
thank you i am going to try that now. i did rerplace the battery terminals but i have only judged the battery by the lights and all are good.[same as usual] i will try that as much as i can. the first 20 times it was just clickiin 1 time at the starter area. it slightly wanted to whilte i had the cables hooked to my vehicle tryin to jump it off. .i really dont know if that matters but here goes the voltage meter.