how much does Les Schwab charge to come to the farm

/ how much does Les Schwab charge to come to the farm #1  

dwoon

Tractor
67 David Brown 780 Selectamatic, 97 Montana U4384
I need to replace the rear tires on my David Brown selectamatic and was wondering how much Les Schwab charges to come out and replace them at the farm?

Thanks, D

/ how much does Les Schwab charge to come to the farm #3  
D- I have done business with both Les Schwab and Dick's Tires in Battle Ground.
Schwab came out years ago to replace some large ag tires, and handle the calcium chloride in the tires in the process. As I recall, they charged little or nothing for the trip out, since I bought the tires from them.
Not sure if Dick's does field work, but they handle a lot of Ag tires there at the store. Good guys!

/ how much does Les Schwab charge to come to the farm #4  
open up the old phone book. to car/truck tires. and just start calling be perared to call 50 plus times. pending on your luck. normally after a few calls will get hits on different local places that handle farm/tractor/industrial size equipment tires. tire size, and who manufactured the tire can cause prices to be any were from double to triple the cost of off brand name manufacture tires out there.

some may charge, by the hour, some may charge for trip, some may not charge a fee at all. i got a better deal with someone a couple hours away, that any one locally a couple years ago. for the 555c TLB (tractor loader backhoe) rear tires.

price can and will vary wildly. all you can do is call directly and hunt the places down near you. to get actual pricing info.

on larger tractor tires, guy that replaced mine, said prefers rim to stay on tractor. so he can use the tractor with a jack under it. to hold the rim in place while using various tools to get old tire on/off. vs just trying to flip flop with a rim.

if they charge by the hour. found that using a recipcating saw, and cutting a few inches away from the bead that touches the rim ( to stay out of the larger wires in the tire) can drastically cut down on labor on how long it takes to remove old tire. just be careful those wires when ya start cutting can come out and nail ya pretty good.

/ how much does Les Schwab charge to come to the farm #5  
I had themreplace the 16.9 x 30 Ag tires on the Ford 4610 a couple of years ago and they charged $100 per tire for the farm call plus the tires and tubes and the pumped the CaCl out of the old tiresand into the new tires.

/ how much does Les Schwab charge to come to the farm
Thanks for the input. I called the and it is $90 an hour so the old DB is going to go for ride Wednesday. The tires are going be are $615.03 a piece and tubes are $64. They will save the calcium chloride that they can and refill so the cost of that is unknown.

D