ford 1g alternator on a TO30

/ ford 1g alternator on a TO30 #1  

FergFan

Tractor
1953 Ferguson TO30 Z129
I'm making a wiring harness for an already 12v converted Ferguson TO30 Z129 using a ford 1g alternator. I've read a lot about the delco 10si alternators on here and have seen the wiring diagrams using them. Pretty simple, my concern is the delco and the ford 1g both have a BAT post, however the delco has the P1 and P2 posts...while the Ford 1g has a FLD and GRD posts.

I've been informed I'm to wire my alternator as follows...BAT wired to positive battery terminal on positive battery post...FLD wired through my Voltage regulator(Echlin VR32..has two posts FLD & IGN)and out to my "B" key ignition switch and my GRD grounded at my voltage regulator.

I'm under the opinion the data I'm getting doesn't take the existence of my dash ammeter into consideration, and therefore I can wire my Alternator BAT post to my negative ammeter(discharge) run my positive ammeter(charge) to the "B" post on my key ignition and run a wire from there("B") to the gear shift starter switch. Meaning my FLD alternator post would now run to my "I" key ignition switch. TO30 2 wire Alternator 12v coil.jpgTO30 Alternator.jpg Does this sound accurate?

/ ford 1g alternator on a TO30 #2  
i beleive this will work but to be on safe side why dont you print what you have put here and go to b and h will take bob a few minutes and he will let you know if any changes are needed

/ ford 1g alternator on a TO30
I thought about that earlier today...but didn't know how he'd feel about it

/ ford 1g alternator on a TO30 #4  
I'm under the opinion the data I'm getting doesn't take the existence of my dash ammeter into consideration, and therefore I can wire my Alternator BAT post to my negative ammeter(discharge) run my positive ammeter(charge) to the "B" post on my key ignition and run a wire from there("B") to the gear shift starter switch. Meaning my FLD alternator post would now run to my "I" key ignition switch. View attachment 273553View attachment 273554 Does this sound accurate?

if you want a net charge / discharge reading center 0 ammeter, wire as follows.

bat wire from alt to one side of ammeter.

other side of ammeter to battery hot ( solenoid.. whatever.. )

wire all loads like key switch, lamps, etc, off the same side of the ammeter as the alternator.

this will give you true net charge / discharge.

if the needle swings the wrong way.. swap the wires side to side.

/ ford 1g alternator on a TO30 #5  
sorry about the long wait for return but bob is the type of fellow he will help as much as needed and he can give advice that he feels confident about

/ ford 1g alternator on a TO30
I went and saw him in person yesterday and he was very helpful