Tractor
    kubota L-3650

Default Kubota L-3650 4 wheel drive front axle right wheel oil seal leak, how to replace?

Hi, I have a significant oil leak on the front right wheel oil seal, I don't have instructions neither blue prints of how it is assembled or cross section. I would like to know if it is easily replaceable and if somebody has a print of this part of the tractor to prevent desassembling and have a bad surprise. thank you Saxophobia

Bronze Member

Default Re: Kubota L-3650 4 wheel drive front axle right wheel oil seal leak, how to replace?

if it is similar to a b7800 you have to take the wheel off, take the cover off the bevel gear case and take a snap ring off of the shaft to be able to have access to the seal. I just ordered the parts to do my b7800 last week and I will be tackling the job as soon as I receive the parts. the service manual says to remove the entire bevel gear case from the tractor but thinking about it now you may be able to keep part of it on the tractor.

the important part is to check your bearings because they may have failed and caused the seal to fail. if everything is tight then you may be able to get away with just replacing the seal.
    James
    KUBOTA B7800, LA402 FEL, LAND PRIDE BB1560, PRONOVOST PUMA-64
    JD X320, POWERFLOW BAGGER

Tractor
    kubota L-3650

Default Re: Kubota L-3650 4 wheel drive front axle right wheel oil seal leak, how to replace?

I don't know if it is similar to the B700 but now I have an idea of how to access to it. I will start dismantling today or tomorrow and will let you know how it worked out. Thanks very much and have a good day. Normand

Tractor
    1996 Grand L3300, 1963 Farmall 140

Lots of posts on this common problem in the kubota forum. Check it out if you need help.
    Kubota Grand L 3300, with Woods 165 loader, Kubota 4530 backhoe (restored), JD 660 Tiller, Woods M-5 mower, Ferguson A-B0-22 7 ft disc harrow, Meyer snow plow
    Farmall 140 with cultivators, double bottom plow
    5 acre CSA

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7800

If your dealer is helpful as mine . They will print off the picture from the parts finder. This is very helpful. Did my b-7800 a few weeks ago , much easier than the top seal or the 4x4 drive shaft universal, i did last week . Good luck.

Tractor
    L4630

I've a kubota L4630 and have oil leaks on both front wheels. How do I repair this problem?