IH b414 diesel voltage regulator

/ IH b414 diesel voltage regulator #1  

bob3

Tractor
international harvester b414 diesel
I have an IH b414 diesel 1966 model. Anyone know where voltage regulator bolts onto firewall.

/ IH b414 diesel voltage regulator #2  
by application your tractor should have a lucas generator model number 22703 and several others. the regulator could be under the dash it will be a black bake a lite cover if original it will say lucas on cover and have the wiring plug code. you should be able to follow wires coming from generator and find the regulator if it has been converted to alternator possibly post picture and someone here will recognize it also can you post the problem you are having very easy to test generator with a volt meter good luck

/ IH b414 diesel voltage regulator #3  
I have an IH b414 diesel 1966 model. Anyone know where voltage regulator bolts onto firewall.

I have the same question. It's not that I can't find it, a previous owner removed it so it just dangles off the right side of the tractor and I'd like to put it back where it's supposed to go.

mitch becton said:
the regulator could be under the dash.

by under the the dash, do you mean immediately under the guages or a little lower, somewhere under the scuttle panel, possibly near the starter lever?

/ IH b414 diesel voltage regulator #4  
The voltage regulator on B-414 sits on the left side under the diesel/gas tank unless the the generator has been changed to a internal voltage regulator.

/ IH b414 diesel voltage regulator #5  
oops i posted the wrong side it really sits on the right side on the back tank mount ih%20relae.jpg