Rear wheel Removal 1965 IH 656

/ Rear wheel Removal 1965 IH 656 #1  

dgoad

Tractor
IH 656
I just got a IH 656 and need to remove the rear wheel to have a new tube installed. I removed the 8 bolts that look to be holding it and the bolt in the center. At this point nothing moves. Any help would be appreciated.
dgoad

/ Rear wheel Removal 1965 IH 656 #2  
If you mean a utility type with the one piece rim & center... Probably just a little rusty and hung up. Spray some penetrant around the center hole, and lug holes, maybe some in from the back if possible, and let soak a bit. I'm assuming the tire is flat, but you can still bump the tire with a sledge, alternating front and back. If totally flat, maybe a block of wood on the rim, and bump it the same way. If there is room, bump it from the backside.

A good cleaning when you get it removed, and some never seize when you put the wheel back on may save a lot of time, in case it needs done again in the future.

The center bolt should be the hub retainer bolt, and I believe not necessary to remove the wheel.

/ Rear wheel Removal 1965 IH 656 #3  
By the by... If you are doing it yourself, I have changed some of the larger one's, while still on the tractor, if you have room to break the bead on the backside. Sure beats wrestling them on the ground..!!

/ Rear wheel Removal 1965 IH 656 #4  
Doing it on the tractor is the best!!!!!

/ Rear wheel Removal 1965 IH 656 #5  
+1 best to work it on the tractor.

or take the tractor to a tire shop or have a tire shop come out with a service truck. I have never seen anyone work a tractor rear off the tractor. not impossible, but the easiest is on.