New Holland TL100A Clutch Disengaging on its own accord.

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Disengaging on its own accord. #1  

fahvernugen

Tractor
New Holland TL100A
Hi All,

This is a problem I had not experienced myself on our 2005 New Holland TL100A, my 80yr old father had complained a couple of times that it had "Run away" from him a couple of times on steep mountainous land, at first I put this down to driver error on his part.

However here is the description of the problem.

Driving on Flat ground cutting hay using an 8ft Mower on the back, with Hydraulic Pickup (Blue Lever) to clear the hay rather than the Pick Up arms, driving in 2nd Range, 1st Gear and Tortoise mode at approx 510 PTO Speed.

After a couple of hours the tractor put itself into "Neutral" on it's own accord, and this was displayed on the Dashboard central area. (This is what I think my father did not see, and just complained that the tractor ran away with him, which it would obviously do if it was in neutral on steep ground).

The tractor has electronic clutch packs.

The shuttle lever on the left hand side of the tractor would not re-engage the clutch. Disengaged all Gear Sticks by pressing clutch pedal and putting everything into neutral.

Sometimes when re-engaging gears as described above it would re-engage clutch and drive, and sometimes it would not.

Anyone have any ideas as the dealer is grasping at straws at the moment (and my Bank Balance...)

Here's hoping

--Roger A frustrated TL100A driver who loves his TL100A :(

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Disengaging on its own accord. #2  
Move this post to the New Holland Forum. Someone like RickB can probably answer this question.
You probably have a faulty connector in the wiring harness or a maladjusted switch of some sort. Rick B should be able to help you.

/ New Holland TL100A Clutch Disengaging on its own accord.
Thanks Jerry,

I have copied the post over, but could not work out how to Move it (as I have seen done on Forums), so this thread should either be locked or deleted. But thread now in "New Holland Ag Tractors"

Best Regards

--Roger