Breaking the tractor in half

/ Breaking the tractor in half #1  

parkerfork

Tractor
ford powermaster 801
Hello All
I have a 1958-60 ford 801 powermaster wish really run great. It has a 4 cyl engine and really strong, my problem is the transmission. One of the gears on the top has a broke tooth and when the clutch is in i don't hear any noise. When the clutch is out i hear a knocking sound in the transmission. Is there a video on how to break the tractor in half or a website. I can follow a video and do the job better then using a manual

/ Breaking the tractor in half #2  
I don't know about a video but if your 801 is like the 66 - 5000 select-0-speed splitting the tractor was easy. The transmission tear down was very difficult and reassembly was not performed since the parts cost more than the tractor was worth.

/ Breaking the tractor in half #3  
On YouTube search for "tractor splitting". Many videos show how to do this.
I use floor jacks, jack stands, 4x6 cribbing, engine hoist, overhead bridge crane for this type of work. I'm reassembling my 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor right now. The photos show some of the equipment I use for jobs like this.

MM-BF rail install-1.JPGMM-BF rails install.JPG

/ Breaking the tractor in half #4  
I've seen this done in my dealers shop. I dosen't impress me as a job for the inexperienced. I watched 2 mechanics struggle for half an hour trying to get a Farmall H back together.

/ Breaking the tractor in half #5  
Actually not to hard to do. Similar to replacing a transmission in a 50's-80's car just need to be careful and use jacks, hoist and common sense
i have split my 35 twice its still apart now and a 600 ford once done by myself with no help

/ Breaking the tractor in half #6  
Its not hard to do. I've done my allis and case. I took lots of pictures with my phone of the wiring and linkages so I new exactly the way they went back together. My only problem was I couldn't have a tractor taking up half of my garage for 2 months so I had to split them outside. Makes it a little more challenging lining up the motor with the tranny on uneven ground, but not imposable. Good luck

Trevor