Harbor Freight Tools Website

/ Harbor Freight Tools Website #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
Recently I ordered a tool from the Harbor Freight tools website. Keep in mind that I order stuff online from other websites and have it shipped to my home all the time. Occasionally there is a problem, but not often.

Well, ordering from harborfreight.com has been an absolute nightmare. They screwed up my order and overcharged me, then they screwed up my address and my order is now in shipping limbo, all thanks to that shipping monstrosity better known as FedEx who couldn't get a delivery right if their lives depended on it.

After a number of emails and phone calls to Harbor Freight, all simply trying to straighten this mess out, I finally told them that I've had enough and that I'd like a refund, but the jibberish speaking Indian on the phone told me that it would be two weeks (or more) before I'll get my money back.

I'll absolutely NEVER order anything from harborfreight.com again! Thankfully, the local Harbor Freight stores are franchises so I can still occasionally shop there without much concern.

/ Harbor Freight Tools Website #2  
I've order a few things from Harbor Freight. No problems with the shipping but the merchandise was poor quality. Probably all made in China?

/ Harbor Freight Tools Website
I've order a few things from Harbor Freight. No problems with the shipping but the merchandise was poor quality. Probably all made in China?

Generally I avoid Harbor Freight for all but the simplest of tools or supplies because the quality is spotty at best.

However, I needed a set of hand reamers and while shopping around I couldn't help but notice that most of them appeared to be the same "brand" despite the prices being all over the place. In one case, I even found a set that was literally identical to the ones offered by Harbor Freight, but at 5 times the price, so I decided to gamble with Harbor Freight.

My mistake was ordering them online when I should have drove to my local Harbor Freight store and purchased them locally. Lesson learned.

/ Harbor Freight Tools Website #4  
I haven't ordered anything from their website since they drastically increased the handling fee. That was close to 10 years ago.

There's another thread with thousands of replies. Harbor Freight tools that don't suck. Take a look at that before purchasing.

-Steve
http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com
http://pnwblanks.com

/ Harbor Freight Tools Website #5  
My dad got me started on HF back around '82. That was before they had catalogs, you got about 4 8.5x11 pages of item descriptions and prices mailed to you in an envelope. I ordered fairly regularly by mail, but since we got a store in '98 I haven't ordered since. Judging by some of the help at the stores, I'm not surprised that online orders can go awry without you being there to 'guide' them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools Website #6  
Harbor Freight seams to be pushing people into their stores. They use to have a 20% one item coupon that you could use on-line, mail (does anyone do that anymore), and in store. Now it's just in-store only. With their closest store over 3 hours away I don't shop with them anymore. I'm not willing to pay a 20% premium to shop on-line.

Their shipping charges are now $6.99.

/ Harbor Freight Tools Website #7  
I have never purchased anything online from harbor freight. They have a store 17 miles from us and sometimes I go in and browse. I bought a set of Grade#70 transport chains there once and they have proved to be reliable. They were $25.00 cheaper for each with the coupon than the exact ones sold by TSC. BTW, Harbor Freight, TSC, and Walmart are all in the same vicinity, so I usually try to browse all three. Sorry about your problems. I can identify with your comments regarding the representative on the phone. Outsourcing calls to 1-800 numbers to a foreign Country is definitely not the best way to aid customers with problems. Just my thoughts. Best wishes.