Replacement Blades

/ Replacement Blades #1  

Mark Page

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615 48hp, 4wd, loader
Anyone know of an online source that sells aftermarket blades for JD mowers. I need a new set and JD wants $65. I'm tired of their high horse attitude and ridiculous prices.

/ Replacement Blades #2  
agri-supply.com

/ Replacement Blades #3  
Almost any lawn mower repair shop that sells Oregon or Rotary brand aftermarket blades can get blades for you I'd they don't have them in stock.

Mark

/ Replacement Blades #4  
Almost any lawn mower repair shop that sells Oregon or Rotary brand aftermarket blades can get blades for you I'd they don't have them in stock.

Mark

That's true. And, I've tried the "aftermarket" blades. Went back to JD. They cost a little more but last much longer and don't require sharpening as often.
Just my :2cents:

/ Replacement Blades #6  
Bigfoot62 said:
That's true. And, I've tried the "aftermarket" blades. Went back to JD. They cost a little more but last much longer and don't require sharpening as often.
Just my :2cents:

I agree as well. I use the OEM blades on my JD as well.

But my Bush Hog TD-11 uses 9 blades and they have to be shipped from Selma AL. No dealer within 100 miles of me stocks them. There are no direct replacement aftermarket blades either. So @ 20 bux each plus freight for 9 blades, the aftermarket blades for a 48" Snapper work just fine.