Replacing leaky seal on input shaft on Leinbach L-7200 PHD ???

/ Replacing leaky seal on input shaft on Leinbach L-7200 PHD ??? #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
How do I got about replacing the seal on the input shaft on the gearbox? Will I have to drain the rest of the fluid, then remove the 4 bolts that hold the front plate on, then pull the shaft out? It looks like once you do that, the shaft should slide out of the plate from the rear, which would give me access to the seal, right?? Does the new seal have to be pressed in? Sorry for the lousy pic, I took it with the cell camera today cause I forgot my good camera.
Thanks.

Leinbach PHD 1 resized.jpg

/ Replacing leaky seal on input shaft on Leinbach L-7200 PHD ??? #2  
How do I got about replacing the seal on the input shaft on the gearbox? Will I have to drain the rest of the fluid, then remove the 4 bolts that hold the front plate on, then pull the shaft out? It looks like once you do that, the shaft should slide out of the plate from the rear, which would give me access to the seal, right?? Does the new seal have to be pressed in? Sorry for the lousy pic, I took it with the cell camera today cause I forgot my good camera.
Thanks.

View attachment 275107

Really want to know? Visit this web page, Leinbach Machinery. scroll down the left side then click on CONTACT US send them an e-mail. They can provide instruction and the part if needed.

/ Replacing leaky seal on input shaft on Leinbach L-7200 PHD ???
Thanks gator, I think I will just call them tomorrow morning and go ahead and order the part, and see if they can provide me with some information on how to replace it as well.

/ Replacing leaky seal on input shaft on Leinbach L-7200 PHD ???
I called Leinbach last Monday morning and ordered a new seal for the input shaft. They mailed it out to me the same day and it showed up in the mailbox today. I'm hoping to get it installed this weekend. I'll take a few pictures of it and maybe post them here. I asked them to send me an exploded view along with the part, but all they had was a "sectional" view, which is just the mechanical cut away dwg. Hopefully, I won't have any trouble changing it out.